1. Register your interest
Your very first step in finding the right property is to register with us. With a huge choice of properties to choose from a simple call,
email or visit to one of our offices will ensure our team understands what you require to get the results you need. When registering with
any agent it is important to know if they are ARLA, NALS and SafeAgent registered, otherwise your money could be at risk and the agent may
not be covered by a client money protection scheme. Always ask and make sure if the agent is registered to these professional bodies.
If they are not then do not put your money at risk.
- Is the agent registered with ARLA, NALS, London Rental Standard, TPO & SafeAgent
- Does the agent have a huge range of properties to choose from?
- Is the agent available when I am?
- Does the agent have detailed images and information on the website?
- Will my agent chauffeur me round to each property in a safe and comfortable car?
- Will I get up to date alerts for new properties?
Call us now on 0207 190 3434
You can also register your interest in general or for a specific property online by clicking below. Register Now
2. Finding the right property
After a short chat with one of our team or registering online we will start sending you the properties you are looking for, either by email,
SMS or a simple phone call. We have such a huge choice of properties to choose from along with the specialist area and property knowledge of
our consultants who will make sure that you don't miss anything.
- Is my consultant knowledgeable about the area?
- Has my consultant taken time to understand my requirements?
- Do I have direct line, mobile and email contact for my dedicated consultant?
- Will my estate agent find the right property for me?
- Will my agent be able to recommend Premium Managed properties?
- Am I ready to make a decision if I see the right place today?
3. Do you need a Short Let?
A Short let is ideal for those looking for a residential solution in the short term, typically up to 6 months. It's a great alternative to
the more expensive hotels or serviced apartments and is popular with those visiting London, moving home, or just getting to know an area.
It can also be great solution as a gap filler until your perfect place is available, just in case the dates don't match.
- Is the property furnished and ready to move into?
- I'm visiting London on a short trip will a short let be right for me?
- My property has been damaged will a short let work whilst my home is being repaired?
- Is a short let a good alternative to a hotel?
- I am looking for a long term rental and need a place to stay until I find something
- I am looking for a place to buy and need something flexible until we complete?
4. Is it Premium Managed?
Most Morgan Randall tenants insist that a property is Premium Managed and even ask for it as a condition of the offer. Managed properties
can be the perfect solution for those who want peace of mind and the knowledge that the property is fully compliant with all safety
regulations and any necessary work will be carried out by a fully vetted contractor.
As with all our Premium Managed properties we provide a dedicated Property Manager and a 24-hour helpline is just a number away, so any emergencies or issues that arise can be dealt with effectively.
- Will I have one dedicated point of contact?
- Will you ensure that my property is safe and that all of the legal safety obligations are up to date?
- Will I have a 24hr number in case of emergency?
- Will any contractors that come round be vetted and have the correct Insurance?
- Will you be able to take care of any repairs and get the necessary consent from the landlord?
- Will you ensure that I have a check in & check out so my deposit is protected in case of dispute?
5. Successful Viewings
Our accredited consultants work around the times when you're available. Our offices are open late on weekdays and every Saturday so
that we're around at times that suit you. You will be chauffeured around in our company cars from property to property and our
consultants will advise you on the local area and benefits of each property so you can make an informed decision. It is advisable
to view as soon as possible so that you don't miss out on the ideal property as the lettings market moves very fast.
- I finish work late can you still do viewings around my schedule?
- Will you drive me from property to property in a safe car?
- I want to know about the surrounding area, are you knowledgeable enough to help me?
- I want a professional who is accredited and serious about finding me my next home?
- If I want to secure a property and move in within a few days can you help?
- I am new to London and need help through the lettings process, can you help?
6. Making an Offer
As soon as you have seen the right place, act fast and put in an offer. We will guide you through the offer process which will consist
of filling out an Offer Confirmation form detailing the terms of your offer along with any special conditions, requests and move in
dates. We will also need to collect some information about your references and we will then communicate the offer to the landlord.
We will then inform you of the landlord's response along with any requests so that we can finalise the offer and make sure that everyone is happy. Always allow for some communication to and from before the deal is agreed.
- I am new to lettings and need some guidance about the process. Can you help?
- Can you accommodate and relay reasonable requests to the landlord for me?
- My move in date doesn't match the property I like. Can you arrange a short let for me?
- Can you tell me what I need to supply for the referencing process in an easy to understand way?
- Can I make an offer without coming in to the office if I am away or at work?
- Will you be my point of contact until I move in?
7. Once the offer is agreed we will need to
Collect all of the references and contact any referees
Prepare the AST and ensure that you have signed
Collect the agreed rent plus deposit
Confirm the move in dates and appointment for Check in
- Can I sign documents electronically so I don't have to keep running around?
- Is your tenancy written up by an ARLA accredited solicitor?
- Will you make sure my deposit is protected in line with UK legislation?
- Do you have Client Money protection insurance so my money is protected?
- Will you guide me through the process and keep me up to date?
- I want to recommend my old landlord so you can rent their property out for them. Can you help?
8. Ready to move in
Once the paperwork is complete and your tenancy start day arrives you will be given a set of keys so you can move into your new home.
You will also be forwarded a copy of the following items within 10 working days after you move in:
A copy of your contract
Deposit registration certificate
Contact details of your property manager (If managed)
Congratulations and enjoy your new home.
- Will you do a pre-tenancy inspection on the property before I move in?
- Will the property be clean before I move in?
- If the property is Premium Managed will someone introduce themselves to me?
- Will I have emergency contact details and useful numbers to help me in case I need them?
- Will you email me a copy of my contract?
- Will you contact me when its time to renew my tenancy?
Frequently asked questions
What is the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS)?
If you rent a home on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) in England or Wales that started after 6th April 2007 then your landlord must register your deposit with an approved scheme within 14 days. The scheme will make sure you get your deposit back if you meet the terms of your tenancy agreement, don't damage the property and pay your rent and bills. At the end of the tenancy your landlord must return the deposit within 10 days of you both agreeing how much you will get back. If you are in dispute with your landlord then the deposit will be protected in the scheme until the issue has been sorted.
How do I pay the rent?
You will need to set up a standing order to leave your account 10 days before the due date so that it has plenty of time to clear. The 10 days allows for weekends, bank holidays and extended holiday periods so that you are never late. Your rent must be cleared by the due date in accordance with your tenancy agreement to avoid any late payment charges and your account falling into arrears. If you are sharing you must arrange between yourselves to set up one standing order to us. We ask that all rents are paid via standing order however on the odd occasion if there is any reason why this would not be possible we would accept a bankers draft, bank transfer or cash paid directly into the bank.
What references do you require?
For individual tenancies we require a form of identification, which can be either a photo card driving license or a passport with visa (if applicable). Employment reference stating position, salary and length of service, all tenants collectively must be earning in excess of 2.5 times the annual rent. Students must provide a letter from their institute confirming their placement and also require a suitable guarantor). A previous landlord reference stating whether the rent has been paid on time and if you have been a satisfactory tenant. You will also need the last 3 months of bank statements showing income and expenditure