1. Accurate Valuation
This part of the process is crucial. The right valuation will get your property sold for the highest price possible in the quickest
time possible. The wrong valuation can mean the property ends up selling for a lot less and can take a lot longer. If the valuation
is too high this will end up scaring potential buyers of, as they will only pay what the property is worth and what the market dictates.
Remember potential buyers will be doing lots of research and looking for other properties that are similar in the area and if you are
priced too high then you will get no interest and the property will become stale and stay on the market. If you keep dropping the price
and feed the market piece meal then buyers will simply wonder what-s wrong with the property for it to be reduced again and again and why
it has been on the market for so long. If its priced too low then you will simply end up not realizing the full value and can miss out on
thousands of pounds from your investment. Our valuers are experts in their field and carry out thousands of valuations on properties in
your local area. This means they have detailed knowledge about what each property is worth and how to get the best return in the quickest
time. Our valuers are also NAEA Technical Level 3 Qualified, which means you are inviting a true professional round. Always ensure your
agent is NAEA qualified and knows the area in detail before you invite them around.
- Will the valuer be NAEA Qualified?
- Does the valuer have intimate knowledge of the local market?
- Will the valuer justify the value evidence?
- Will the valuer take into account the unique features in my property?
- Will my valuer visit my property?
- Will the valuer be my point of contact throughout the sales journey?
2. Selecting an Estate Agent
Having the right estate agent represent your property is critical to the process. You will always find cheap estate agents with cheap fees however, you will have to ask yourself why are they cheap? After all people don-t shop at Waitrose and Harrods because its cheap. At Morgan Randall we have a huge choice of buyers and properties due to our extensive marketing which is the very reason you are reading this right now. You can only sell your property for the highest price in the shortest time possible if an agent has a huge range of buyers available on their database and at Morgan Randall we have a massive choice of buyers. Buyers will always go to an agent who has an industry leading website, extensive marketing reach both online and in media and print to attract them, prominent High Street Cafe Style offices with a comfortable environment to talk about their next home and most of all the best service with knowledgeable and NAEA qualified staff. If your agent doesn-t have these things they will not have the buyers registered and will not be able to get your property the best attention, which means they will sell for the lowest offer after a prolonged period of marketing. Morgan Randall operates in the most affluent areas of London and buyers in these environments only associate themselves with high-end quality lifestyle brands so you must ensure that you have the right agent representing your most prized asset.
- Does my agent have an industry leading website?
- Does my agent have huge marketing reach to attract the best buyers?
- Does my agent have a huge choice of registered buyers?
- Does my agent have prominent Cafe Style High Street Offices?
- Does my agent work long hours so they can accommodate buyers when they are available?
- Does my agent have NAEA qualified consultants?
3. Instructing a Solicitor
Having an experienced and efficient solicitor is crucial to a swift and smooth sale of your property. You should have a solicitor chosen and ready when you instruct your property so things can move fast when you agree an offer. Inefficient solicitors are one of the root causes of sales falling through which is why you should ensure you have chosen the right person to act for you. Remember, cheapest is not always the best. If you would like us to recommend a solicitor please contact us.
- Can you recommend a solicitor?
- Should I have a solicitor ready before I receive an offer?
- Will the solicitor be looking after my interest?
4. Presenting Your Property
Making a good first impression counts for a lot. The presentation of your property can be the difference between attracting buyers or turning them away and getting the best return on your investment. We will send our in house professional photographers who will take photos, create floorplans and 360 tours as well as write comprehensive property descriptions, which highlight the features which will attract potential buyers.
Ensure that you professionally clean the property and get rid of all clutter so the property can be seen to its fullest without obstructions. If you have any outstanding DIY jobs then get these done as well as give the property a fresh coat of paint where possible so that it looks its best.
- Should I de-clutter the property?
- Should I get all outstanding DIY work done?
- Should I re-paint where possible?
- Will you take professional photographs?
- Will you create floor plans?
- Will you create a write up that highlights the features of the property?
5. Marketing Your Property
To get the best possible price in the shortest possible time we will need to market the property to potential buyers. We have a huge range of marketing activities that we undertake and don-t solely rely on any one single method. We have access to all kinds of buyers from all over the world and not just London and your local area. Our global marketing presence means we are a trusted name across the world. Our prominent cafe style high street offices attract huge footfall along with our online and offline presence in magazines, papers and direct mail. We are a household name in all of the areas we operate in and are the most prolific in terms of marketing amongst our competitors which is exactly why you are reading this right now!
- Do you have prominent Cafe Style high street offices?
- Do you have extensive online presence?
- Do you have extensive direct mail, press and magazines presence?
- Do you have access to buyers from all over the world?
- Do you have access to buyers in my local market?
- Do you have buyers on your system who are looking for a property like mine right now?
6. Accompanied Viewings
Unlike most agents Morgan Randall ensures that all viewings are accompanied by one of our trained and qualified consultants. Our consultant-s chauffeur buyers to and from your property in our fleet of recognised company cars and ensure that your home is never left unattended with strangers. Our extended opening hours mean that we carry out viewings when other agents are closed resulting in more viewings with more buyers. We make sure we are available when people want to view and that-s why we work long hours so we can get your property sold quicker and for the best price possible.
- Will a consultant accompany every viewing?
- Will the buyers be registered and vetted before you show them the property?
- Will you drive the buyers to and from the property?
- Will you be able to do late viewings for people who work during the day?
7. Live Viewing Feedback
Morgan Randall offers Live Viewing Feedback in real time so you can keep up to date on the outcome of all your viewings. We will alert you straight after a viewing and give you up to the second feedback and what the potential buyer had to say. Unlike other agents you wont have to chase us for feedback and wonder what is going on. We will always keep you up to date.
- Will you tell me what the potential buyers comments were after the viewing?
- Will you send it to me without me having to chase you?
- Will you also call me to keep me updated on the progress with my sale?
- Will you give me honest feedback so I can make decisions?
8. Receiving an Offer
Once the offer is agreed we will do the following:
As soon as we receive an offer we will notify you in writing and verbally. We will also relay any special conditions or questions the buyers may have. We will also check the buyer-s financial situation and make sure they are ready to proceed.
- Will you call me and send me a written offer?
- Will you tell me if there are any conditions to the offer
- Will you check the buyers financial position?
9. Offer Agreed
Once the offer is agreed we will do the following:
Prepare a memorandum of sale
Write to all parties to confirm the agreed price
Confirm your solicitor-s details
As part of the service we will absorb much of the administration work and communication throughout the sale. We will prepare a memorandum of sale and send this out to all parties, including both solicitors to ensure a sale runs smoothly through to completion. Your dedicated consultant will manage the sale through to completion as they will have intimate knowledge of the property, buyers and your requirements and will be best placed to progress things.
There are no legal obligations until contracts are signed.
- Will you confirm everything in writing?
- Will you send the details of the buyers to my solicitor?
- Will you oversee the sales process so that things run smoothly
- Will you keep in touch with me until the sale is completed?
10. Exchange of Contracts
Exchange of contracts occurs when the following have been confirmed and agreed:
- Preliminary enquiries following receipt of draft contract
- Evidence of a good title
- Specific issues highlighted in the Lease, if applicable
- Local search queries
- Fixtures and fittings to be included in the sale
- The buyer's mortgage offer
Once the contract has been signed by both parties the deposit (usually 10% of the purchase price) will be telegraphically transferred or paid in the form of a banker's draft by the buyer's solicitor to your solicitor. The completion date is then set by mutual agreement.
Completion is when the remaining 90% of the purchase price is transferred from the buyers solicitors and your solicitor confirms this has been received in their account.
Your solicitor will then call you to confirm that the money has been transferred to your account and that we can now release the keys to the buyers.
Congratulations, your property is now sold!
Call us, anytime.
Our 24 hour phone lines are ready to take your call for any enquiry you may have. Arrange viewings, get an update on a situation or just need to talk to us... we are here anytime.
0207 190 3434